Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wholehearted and Staying!

I just got the letter of offer from UTM. It turns out my campus is in Kuala Lumpur not Johor...

Sigh. I'm relieved for some reason...
Nothing much to update now...

I went to help out during the Paralympiad Malaysia Swimming meet for the past two days. I was under the prize-giving section. The athletes have either physical short-comings or are mentally challenged. Normally, after a specific number of events, we must search for the winners and get them ready for the ceremony. They were all very nice really. I talked more to the Sarawakians cause they got most of the medals, so, I spent more them with them compared to the other states.

I've seen a man with only one leg do a 38 sec 50 meters breaststoke. I was just so amazed on their ability to do it all. There were also a few blind swimmers there and they can swim straighter than normal swimmers; including me.

I know some of them more than others. Jamery Siga, Fam Dominic, Fraidden, Arman, Douglas, Kelly, Marina... These are just a few of the great swimmers who won their respective events and even broke some Asia records.

It was just a mind-opening experience. Except for the part where I feel asleep even after drinking 3 cups of coffee. I need stronger caffeine :3 *scoots of to get daily dose*